When thinking about goals, I tend to look back on the things I didn’t do rather than focus on the things I did. I’m the one laying flat on my face being kicked when I’m down. What’s kicking my butt? Work, laundry (which I tried to avoid until I had no underwear left), moving, registering my kids for school (the school lost one of them and can’t seem to get him back), yadda, yadda, you know the drill. So I’m pulling myself back on my feet and changing my perspective. The people in WriteMotivation seem to be doing so much, blogging all the time, reading five books a month, and it makes me want to do more.
There’s something incredibly satisfying about the strikethrough. It’s like punching my goals into oblivion. I get to strike through all of the completed tasks and it gives me such a sense of what I’ve accomplished. So here’s to my next bout in the WriteMotivation ring.
1) Finish 100% my final edit of THE PANDORA REVERSAL: SHIFTER.
2) Blog once a week.
3) Go visit at least 5 other blogs per week.
4) Submit PR:S to at least 5 agents.
5) Go on a date with my man.
6) Take my oldest kid to college. I’m so excited for her, and I know she’s ready to go. (But this is the one I dread most. *small tear*)
Thanks to everyone who’s been so supportive. You make me better!